Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

The last few weeks have been super rough with my asthma and allergies in full swing...BUT after massive amounts of meds...I was all better and ready for an amazing Mother's Day weekend that my family had planned for me.

I am grateful every single day for being a mother to my two favorite people in the world....and even more thankful that I get to share them with my best friend. I honestly couldn't be more proud of the kids that I get to raise and spend each day with!

Mother's day weekend is always one of my favorites and this year was no different. Breakfast in bed....homemade cards and gifts......lots of love....long family bike ride......evening at my parents house by the pool...nap by the pool next to my mom.....LOVED IT ALL!!!!!

My favorite part has to be listening to Chad and the kids in the kitchen as they make breakfast and talk about how "surprised" I will be when they show me. It is the sweetest sound!!!!!


On mother's day I was also surprised with a NEW BIKE! I have wanted this bike for a while...and was super excited!



The kids have been riding bikes without training wheels for a while now.....and have been begging me to take them for rides after school, so we were all excited!

The hubby was a BMX bike racer when we were growing up....so I think he might be the happiest with all of the bike rides that we have in our future!

We went on a four mile bike ride......without any complaining! I just need to put the big basket on the front so that we can carry more snacks and drinks for our rides!

I feel like one lucky lady!

Hope everyone else spent mother's day with the moms in their lives!

xoxo

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a fun day and love your new bike :)