Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Years Fun!

I have been missing from the blog world for a bit, but I have some fun ideas I have been working on and I AM BACK!

We spent our New Years in Northern Virginia with my sister and her family! It was such a great trip!!!!!!!!!
Chad and I grew up there and it is always so nice to go back "home" and show our kids where we used to hang out.
Here is just a little piece of our vacation in pictures.....


I bought yard and taught myself how to crochet a scarf on our 14 hour car trip from Florida to Virginia!

My sister and I took our girls to the American Girl store in DC! It was so great! I absolutely love enjoying it all with them!

My sister and I on the metro into DC! I road backwards and seriously almost got sick! I have been away from the city for too long if I can't handle the metro anymore!

Love this picture of my family! It was super cold out and it was fun to bundle up in all of our winter gear!

Love being in the city with my hubby! We used to skip school and walk around there when we were in high school!

The kids were super bummed that we couldn't go in and just say hi to the President! ha!

We went to see ICE and froze our tails off in the 5 degree weather! It was sooo fun! They had a fun little ice skating rink set up at the end and it was so much fun! Love seeing my Florida babies doing winter sports that Chad and I used to enjoy!

We downloaded the 2011 ball drop on the ipad and played it on the tv via AppleTV. We celebrated "midnight" at 9:00 with the kids. They were sooo funny and so proud of themselves for "making it up until midnight". So fun!

After a 14 hour drive home it was sooo nice to be welcomed by my little Roxy!

Kids didn't start back to school until this past Tuesday.....and as soon as I dropped them off I came home and painted my nails in some fun polish. I think it is fun, but for the past three days Kacey has been begging me to take the blue off and just do all of my nails in glitter. ha!

I have spent the beginning of 2012 training for an upcoming 100 mile relay race that I signed up for. chad and I are both running a 12 mile leg, and I am training like a crazy lady!

Hope your new years is off to a great start!!!!!
xoxo

No comments: