Monday, October 26, 2009

Random Facts


I LOVE finding out new and random things from friends.....actually I love finding out random things about ANYONE! I am a sucker for gossip magazines and the random "what does she eat, wear, like" sections. I am not one to change my decisions based on what THEY are doing...but I just like to know the little facts.


Here are a few about me......

1-I just celebrated my 25th Birthday for the 6th year in a row. (random because turning 25 was the hardest birthday for me)


2-I actually knew I wanted to name my first daughter Kacey in middle school. (because my initials were KAC) I wanted her to be Kacey Collins (after my mom's middle name) but quickly realized that I would probably have a boy next and that I wanted to save that name for him. (yes, very strange for a 13 year old girl to figure out)


3-I rearranged my furniture WEEKLY when I was growing up! I LOVED changing my room around and shocking my parents when they came home from work. I still use the same moves for pushing large furniture......on the ground and push with your back! :)


4-I used to talk on the phone with my husband when we were in the 3rd grade!!! ha!!!!!


5-I HATE watching people brush their teeth! Makes me want to throw up!!! I seriously put tooth paste on my kid's tooth brushes and walk out! This is totally chad's job! My sister used to actually lock me in the bathroom and brush her teeth over me as punishment! AWFUL!!!!


6-When I went off to college my freshman year I introduced myself as "kacey". After a few weeks I realized that it was really hard to remember that I had changed my name so I switched it back to Katie.


7- My FAVE question to ask anyone is "tell me something you have never told me before". SOOOO funny the things you will hear!!!!!


8-I went to the prom with my husband! That is sooo funny to me!!!!


9-I graduated college in 3 years because I figured that I would be sick of it after that!


10-I took sewing lessons after school as a kid! My mom was a teacher and the kids got out of school early every thursday so that the teachers could plan. Instead of a babysitter....my mom sent me to sewing lessons across the street from the school until she was out. (THANKS MOM!!!! THIS VERY EMBARRASSING THING AS A CHILD NOW ALLOWS ME TO STAY HOME WITH MY KIDS)


11-I came home from my honeymoon pregnant!


12-My FAVORITE car of all time is still my 1995 volkswagon Golf. I waitressed all summer to save up for that car! I actually cried the day we sold it (because I couldn't fit kacey int he back seat....and it had a random leak when it rained). I took the money and bought a whole entertainment/storage unit from Pottery barn kids for the playroom. That made me smile a little bit.


13-I LOVE tofu!


14-I DO NOT watch scary movies...AT ALL! Actually, some commercials give me the creeps.


15-I broke down crying when I found out I was having a boy and told chad, "WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WHEN WE ARE OUT AT THE MALL AND HE HAS TO GO TO THE BATHROOM?! IT IS WEIRD TO ME WHEN LITTLE BOYS ARE FORCED TO GO INTO THE GIRLS BATHROOMS WITH THEIR MOMS!"
Now I couldn't imagine my life without my little man! (and lucky for me our mall has an amazing family bathroom.....so we are saved :)



4 comments:

a.love said...

You are so cute! I worked my @$$ off my mustang. It was a fulfilled promise that I gave myself!! Selling it when we had Ashton was heart breaking. I choke inside thinking about it. I couldn't watch someone drive it away and made my husband take pro photos so I could have the memory.
I too cried when I found out I was having a boy--but because I swore it was a girl so I felt like because I didn't know, I was already doomed to failure as a mom :(

###### said...

I loved this post. Really I did...I went to the prom with my husband to..been with him since I was 15. My first boyfriend, and my last....I try to tell people its possible still. I love that you got prego on your honeymoom..it was meant to be sister.

Thanks again for the pillow covers. Love them!

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

so funny!! I don't watch scary movies at all, either - and seriously? all those "Saw" movies freak me out - JUST by their commercials!

love reading things about you - so fun to learn!

xoxo

Dayka Robinson said...

Great post. I always like hearing about funny things that freak people out (like an old friend of mine who would throw up at the sight of wet bread. too funny!).