Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Avocado Love

I have a new love for Avocado!


I never really tried it, or wanted to try it, and now that I have....I am in LOVE!

I recently found this amazing recipe in Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade Magazine (July/Aug issue) and I LOVE it!!!!!




Turkey, Tomato, and Avocado Open-Faced Sandwich

Ingredients:
2 avocados, peeled and pitted,
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 t. sea salt,
1/2 t. ground black pepper,
4 white bread slices,
8 oz. thinly sliced turkey,
2 large tomatoes, cut into 12 slices

Directions:In small bowl, mash 1 avocado. Add mayonnaise, 1/4 t. salt, and 1/4 t. pepper, stirring until smooth. Spread mixture evenly on 1 side of bread slices. Top each with 2 oz. turkey and 3 tomato slices. Cut remaining avocado lengthwise into strips. arrange 2 to 3 avocado strips on top of tomato. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 t. salt and 1/4 t. pepper. serves 4

PERFECT SUMMER DINNER!!!!!!!!!!
xoxo

5 comments:

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

Katie.....mmmmmmm!

will try this immediately!

happy summer.

ASHLEY said...

that sounds ridiculously good!!!

Faded Plains said...

I love avocados...and this recipe is one I'm sure to try.

Simple Daisy said...

That sounds fabulous!!!!

Maria Snider said...

YUM! That sounds like the perfect SUMMER sandwich!!!!