Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chopped Salad Wrap

I have said it a million times...I am ALL about fast dinners that are healthy, easy, and yummy! This is one of my "go to" weekly meals that is honestly one of our favorites. I used to go to a wrap shop in Boca Raton on a weekly basis for a chopped salad wrap....and once we moved I had to make them on my own.

There is really no recipe.....Just look through your pantry and fridge and start pulling...

- protein (we use either rotisserie chicken, left over chicken, deli meat, hard boiled eggs, sometimes even chicken tenders)

-your favorite dressing (we use either ranch or a sesame dressing)

- fave cheese (I usually shred it)

- fave veggies or fruit (corn, carrots, broccoli, oranges, apples, grapes, avocado, beans...anything will work!)

-Lettuce (bag of lettuce or whatever greens you have)

-Croutons (I will not lie, I have been known to add chips for a crunch)

-Wrap (buy them large so you can pack the salad inside)


This is what we used tonight in our wraps....leftover chicken, corn, egg, pepper jack cheese, and croutons.

I went out and bought a metal bowl because that is what they used at the store I used to go to.....and just dump all of the ingredients in.

Chopping it up like crazy with the pizza cutter is probably my favorite part! It is right up there with beating chicken! I don't add the dressing until it is all chopped up and then I just stir it in.


TaDa! Easy....leftover heaven.....chopped salad wraps! MMMMM!

Enjoy!

No comments: