Monday, June 1, 2009

Beachin

It is no secret that I LOVE the beach! I miss living close to the beach! I know that I live in Florida...but I live about 45 min away from the beach, and for the past 7 years I lived less than 5 miles from the beach. I miss the smell! I still pretend that the beach is just right around the corner and that I just CHOOSE to go to the pool on the weekends. :)

These pictures are the feeling that I want in my house. The feeling of being on Vacation INSIDE my house!
I love this picture! It even looks like my little Roxy on the couch! The reds and that shade of blue aren't really in my house at the moment...but this picture makes me feel like summer!
SO FUN!!!! These candles are from UncommonGoods and I lOVE THEM!
Now I just need to either figure out how to make a built in like that.....or convince my husband to learn how! Either way....this is what I want on either side of our OUT OF CONTROL HUGE MAN TV! (If Chad wasn't sleeping right now I would ask him, but I believe it is over 60 inches of MAN tv!)
I love these old books! I am not big on reading these days...but might start collecting books just for their ability to match my rooms. :)
These are all pics from Country Living's June Issue....and I am going to go pick one up tomorrow. I stock up on Magazines in the summer because I believe every house has a season....and mine is summer!



5 comments:

###### said...

I can just smell the air and the water...ahhhh relaxing in my mind.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I love the cabinet with the blue in the back,I did that to one of mine and looks fabulous!!!!!

I can smell the ocean!

PS: I live 5 minutes from the beach and my store is walking distance.......so lucky!!!!!

Clara

Lynett said...

Ahhh, I love the beach to. I live in Florida but not right on the beach (I wish), about 20 mn's away.

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Oh gosh, even as close as you are seems lucky to me. Oh man! Still, it isn't the same. I'm the same about living IN the mountains vs sort of kind of near them or in Berlin, which isn't even close at all.
I love the idea of "choosing" the pool!
Katie

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm dying for built ins! That one is divine! I don't take advantage of the beach enough. We live about 30 mins. away.